Effective Date: January 1st, 2019
Last Updated: January 1st, 2020
- WHO WE ARE
- WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
- CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS’ PRIVACY RIGHTS
- NEVADA RESIDENTS’ PRIVACY RIGHTS
- THIRD-PARTY LINKS
- HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
- RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- INTERNATIONAL USERS
- CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
- CONTACT US
Prep Network LLC is a U.S. based company that provides original content and rankings and aggregates third party content and rankings about high school players throughout the United States. We compile information from numerous public sources, including high school and club team websites, as well as athletic programs available at public athletic contests and provide such relevant information to our users. This compilation of information, plus all other analysis posted to our Sites, is promoted to interested parties and can aid college coaches in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes. By making this information and our database of athlete profiles available, including our RecruitMe and Prospect Index Databases which are created by athletes and which are available to college coaches, we strive to assist student athletes’ opportunities for free or discounted college tuition. We also run events such as tournaments and showcases around the country for club teams and individual players to provide additional opportunities for college coaches to recruit student-athletes.
- Information you provide to us. We collect the personal information that you provide to us when you sign up for an account to access and use the Sites or Services, when you consult with customer support or send us an email or communicate with us in any way (for example, to make a support request), make a purchase on our Sites or participate in any of our events. We collect your contact information (such as your name, address, telephone number and email address) and contact preferences; account information (such as your username and password); and if you make a purchase, payment details (card information, alternative payment method information, invoices, order information and transaction history). If you create a profile we will post that profile on the applicable Site. If you communicate directly with us, we may maintain a record of those communications and responses.
- Location Information. We may collect information about your general location. using different types of technologies, including GPS and Wi-Fi. We also collect IP addresses and device identifiers that may provide location information.
- Information We Collect Automatically Through Cookies and Similar Technologies. We, or third parties operating on our behalf, use tracking tools like browser cookies and web beacons to automatically collect information about how you interact with our Sites and Services and other websites over time and across devices. For more information on cookies and similar tracking technology and how they are used, and how you can opt out of such use, please refer to our Cookie Notice.
- Information Imported from Social Networks. When you choose to interact with us through social media your interactions with social media platforms (“Social Networks”) typically allows the Social Networks to collect information such as “Likes”, profile information gathered from the Social Networks, or the fact that you viewed or interacted with our Services. Social Networks may collect information about you through digital cookies they place on your device and other tracking mechanisms even when you are not directly interacting with their applications. Please review the Social Networks’ privacy policies and choices for sharing information of any Social Network connected to our Services.
- Information We Collect From Other Sources. In order to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers and services to you, we obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, and joint marketing partners, and fraud detection companies.
We use the information we collect or receive (alone or in combination):
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you products you have ordered, to respond to any inquiry, feedback, or information and materials regarding our products and services.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, invoices, renewal notices, information regarding our Services or Sites, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To send you marketing communications in compliance with applicable laws and in accordance with your preferences, that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To personalize your experience on our Sites by presenting products, content and offers tailored to you and your interests, including by creating custom audiences on social media sites.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Sites and products and Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- For other reasons that we describe to you at the time of collection.
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients and for the following reasons:
- Service Providers. In order to provide our Services to you, it is necessary for us to disclose your information to service providers who perform certain functions of our Services on our behalf. Examples include cloud hosting providers (to provide data storage and processing services); communications providers (to process new queries and to manage our emails); and fulfillment providers (to send you products or provide access to our Services).
- Payment Processors. When you make a purchase your billing information is collected and processed directly by our payment processor. We never receive or store your full credit card information. Our payment processor commits to complying with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) and using industry standard security.
- Marketing Partners. We selectively share our email list with marketing partners so that they may provide you with information about product or service offerings which may be of interest to you. See Section 5 for how to opt out of our sharing of your information for these purposes.
- College Coaches. If you create a Recruit Me Profile on our recruiting Sites we will share those profiles with verified college coaches who have registered to use our recruiting Services.
- Targeted Advertising. We will share your information collected about your visits over time and across our Services and multiple devices and other websites with our advertising partners in order to serve targeted advertising to you. For more information on targeted advertising and how to manage your preferences please refer to our Cookie Notice.
- Compliance with laws. We may disclose information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Consent. We may share your information with any other person with your consent to the disclosure, as permitted by law.
- Access to Information. You can access, correct, update, delete, and deactivate personal information you have provided to us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, calling customer service at 888-810-4322 or writing to us at Prep Network LLC, 6901 East Fish Lake Road, Suite 188, Maple Grove, MN 55369.
- Opting-Out of Marketing Emails. You can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the email, by emailing email@example.com, calling customer service at 888-810-4322, or writing to us at Prep Network LLC, 6901 East Fish Lake Road, Suite 188, Maple Grove, MN 55369. If you choose to no longer receive marketing information, we may still communicate with you regarding such things as security updates, product functionality, responses to service requests, or other transactional, non-marketing purposes.
- Turning Off Tracking Technologies. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a persistent or session cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off such cookies through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to control your cookies. It is important to remember that many of our Services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. Please refer to our Cookie Notice for more information.
- Browser “Do Not Track” Signals. Some third-party browsers provide “do not track” machine readable signals for websites, which are automatically applied by default. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our Sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
- Interest Based Ads. Please refer to our Cookie Notice for opt out information.
- Control Tools on Your Mobile Devices. There may be controls on your mobile devices to control your privacy settings.
- Consent. If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then depending on the jurisdiction where you reside and applicable law you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
Individuals who are residents of California and have provided their personal information to us may request information regarding our disclosures, if any, of their personal information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at Prep Network LLC, 6901 East Fish Lake Road, Suite 188, Maple Grove, MN 55369.
California privacy rights requests must include the reference “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of the message and must include the email address or mailing address, as applicable, for us to send our response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified above.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with the right to receive certain disclosures regarding the collection, use, and sharing of “Personal Information,” as well as the right to know or access, to delete, and to limit sharing of Personal Information. The CCPA defines “Personal Information” to mean “information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.”
To the extent that we collect Personal Information that is subject to the CCPA, that information, our practices, and your rights are described below.
Right to Information Regarding the Categories of Personal Information Collected, Sold, and Disclosed. Please see our Notice of California Consumer Data Collection and Sharing Practices.
Right to Access Information. You have the right to request access to Personal Information collected about you and information regarding the source of that information, the purposes for which we collect it, and the third parties and service providers with whom we share it. To protect our customers’ Personal Information, we are required to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
Right to Request Deletion of Information. You have the right to request in certain circumstances that we delete any Personal Information that we have collected from you. To protect our customers’ Personal Information, we are required to verify your identity before we can act on your request. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
Right to Opt Out of the Sale of Personal Information to Third Parties. You have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. To exercise this right, please visit our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” webpage. Please note that your right to opt out does not apply to our sharing of personal information with service providers, who are parties we engage to perform a function on our behalf and are contractually obligated to use the personal information only for that function.
How to submit a Request. You may submit a request to exercise your rights by calling us at 888-810-4322 or by using our California Consumer Data Request form.
A Notice to Nevada Residents: Under Nevada law, if you are a resident of Nevada, you may apply limits to the sale of certain personal information to third parties for resale or licensing purposes. You are entitled to register your preference for limits on such sales in the future by sending an email to email@example.com, with the subject line, “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” along with your first and last name, zip code, and whether you are a former or current member of any of our Services so that we can match your information to your account.
We have implemented appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of personal information in our custody and control. However, no data transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so you should take care in deciding what information you send us in this way.
We retain your personal information to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements, to maintain records of fraud, to enforce our agreements or comply with our legal obligations), or in accordance with our standard business practices.
The Sites and Services are provided and hosted in the United States. If you are using the Sites or Services from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those other entities with whom we share your personal information, in the United States and other locations. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country. By using the Sites or Services, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your personal information, where permitted by law.
The Sites and Services are intended for a general audience and are not directed or intended for anyone under 16 years of age. You must be 16 years of age to use the Sites or Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If we obtain actual knowledge that any information we collect has been provided by an individual under the age of 16, we will promptly delete that information.
When contacting us, please include your full name, address, phone number, and email address, and indicate the specific nature of your request or inquiry.